Among the biggest challenges for most Internet Marketers is writing effective ad copy. That is hardly surprising. Most marketers aren’t professional writers and writing ad copy is a difficult skill for beginning marketers to master. Here are a few tips which may help you in writing an effective, profit-producing advertisement.
1. Benefit from the expertise of other writers. You can get ad copy ideas by studying similar product’s advertising material. Collect their sales letters, classified ads, web ads, email ads, etc.. You can model your advertisement on these– but do not copy them word-for-word. That is a no-no.
2. Set a goal for your advertisement. Know just what you want your ad copy to accomplish. It could be to qualify prospects, make sales, generate leads, attract web traffic, etc..
3. Build your selling points. Make a comprehensive l.ist of your product’s benefitsand features. Start your ad with the most important benefit either in your headline or first sentence.
4. Make your ad benefits as specific as possible. Include exact numbers, percentages, times, colours, scents, sounds, descriptive adjectives, etc.
5. Set yourself apart from your competition. L.ist all the ways your product differs from the competition’s. Include all the differences in your ad copy that are better than their product.
6. Emphasize the advantage of your product. Use graphics, pictures and drawings of people actually using your product to solve their problem. Include a picture that also shows the results. Your goal should to create the»purchasing emotion» on your potential clients.
7. You have to determine who the target market is for your goods. What age, gender, or history are they? As soon as you determine that, you need to write down what reasons would attract them to buy your product. Include those reasons in your ad copy.
8. Include any proven facts in your ad copy. Theycould be customer surveys, scientific tests, product reviews, etc..
9. Do not forget about»after the sale». Tell your audience what kind of support they’ll get after they buy. It might be f.ree consulting, tech support, f.ree servicing, etc.. Product support can be a large factor in making the purchase.
10. Try to get feedback from those who chose not to purchase your product. Ask them why they chose not to purchase. This gives you new ideas on the best way best to create a more profitable ad copy.
Writing ad copy can be a formidable task for any start Internet Marketer. Applying these hints may hopefully set you on your way to getting an effective copywriter.